The "Aspalathos Villa" is located in Lygaria - Agia Pelagia, in the middle of the northern coast of Crete, 14 km from Heraklion (16 km from the Heraklion international airport and the Minoan palace of Knossos ) 500 - 1000 meters from the magnificent sandy bays of "Lygaria" and "Madé", and 3,5 kilometers from the cosmopolitan Agia Pelagia with plenty of seaside Tavernas and Bars.
The picturesque village of Agia Pelagia is built around an old traditional fishing village on a sandy bay, about 3.5 miles West of the "Aspalathos Villa". The nightlife is not so "strong" here, but there is a great variety of traditional and international restaurants, taverns, cafes and bars, all with wonderful views of the Aghia Pelagia bay. In the center of the village, you can find everything you might need for your holiday, such as super market, pharmacy, doctors, vehicle rentals, tourist office, souvenir shops, boutiques, internet cafe and ATM.
Some proposals with approx. distances from "Aspalathos Villa"
- Beach: Sandy beaches of Lygaria and the Madé (500 meters to Madé and 1000 meters Lygaria)
- Shopping/Supermarkets/Beverages: Mini market at 100 meters, also in Lygaria and Agia Pelagia.
- Taverns/Entertainment: 100 meters from "Aspalathos Villa" there is the “Spyros-Soula” family restaurant, offering traditional Cretan dishes that can be also delivered to home. Even many dining ( Traditional Greek and international cuisine ) places in Lygaria and Agia Pelagia (1 to 3.5 km) Shops, Cafes, Bars & Beach Clubs, 10 minutes by car (1,5 -3,5 km ) in Agia Pelagia and Lygaria.
- Water sports & scuba diving: Boats rental, boat trips to fishing: 500 m
- Mınoan Palace of Knosos: 15 Km East
- Crete Auqarium: Among the biggest in Meriterranean Sea, at Gouves Hersonissos 22km East
- Crete Golf: 25km East.
The "Aspalathos Villa" is close to the highway and is almost in the center of Crete, which gives you the opportunity to explore by car, across the island, by arranging daily excursions.